6 In the Hoop Jewelry sets – How to make In the Hoop Jewelry!
Looking for a fast last minute gift to whip up with your embroidery machine? Check out how quick it is to make In the Hoop, ITH Jewelry. You can use up scraps and any non-woven materials, such as cork, vinyl or felt.
Yes, it is called jewelry, but use your imagination…what else could you make with these little ITH Jewelry charms?
- Wine markers
- Zipper pulls
- Gift tags
What materials do I need?
In order to make these little ITH Jewelry charms all you need are a few basic supplies:
- Tear away stabilizer to fit hoop
- Cork – Front 3”x3”
- Cork – Back 3”x3”
- (3) 5/32” metal eyelets (1 necklace-2 earrings) and kit
- (2) Earring hooks
- (2) Small jump rings
- (3) Large jump rings for earrings and necklace
This post contains affiliate links. In plain English, this means I may receive a small commission (at no cost to you) if you subscribe or purchase something through the links provided. You will never see me post a link to a product or service I haven’t used myself and love! (learn more)
What tools do I need?
- 4×4 hoop or similar
- Embroidery needle 75/11
- Embroidery thread to match
- Rotary Cutter, mat, ruler
- Fabric sheers
- 5” craft scissors
- Clear tape
- Eyelet hammer set
- Eyelet setter pliers (optional)
- Extra paper or tear away stabilizer
- Fabric paint (I used 3D Fabric paint)
- Fine, small paint brush
- Q-Tip (instead of the paint brush)
- Jewelry making pliers or similar
How to make the ITH Jewelry
- Thread machine with matching bobbin. Hoop tear away stabilizer. Insert hoop into machine and sew Stitch #1, placement stitch.
- Remove hoop from machine and place on a flat surface. Place the Front material covering the stitching and secure in place with clear tape.
- Turn hoop to Wrong Side. Place the Back piece of material covering the stitching. Secure with clear tape.
- Insert hoop into machine and sew Stitch #2, detail stitches.
- 5. Remove stabilizer from hoop and materials from stabilizer.
- Using a small sharp pair of scissors or 5” craft scissors, cut around outside stitching. Leave about 1/16”-1/8” around outside stitching.
7. Press a eyelet post into the empty space on each piece (2 earrings – 1 necklace). This will leave an imprint. Use sharp scissors to cut away all layers of material inside the imprinted area, leaving a hole.
8.Insert eyelet into hole from Front to Back. Position eyelet cap on anvil, insert tool into eyelet and hammer gently. Center of eyelet will split to secure eyelet.
9. Use fabric paint along the edge of the pieces. Pick up a small amount of paint onto small paint brush and gently apply to edges. NOTE: A Q-Tip works well too.
- Insert a Large jump ring into each eyelet. Then a small jump ring into the (2) large earring jump rings. Insert the earring hooks into the (2) small jump rings. Use desired necklace.
These are the six different ITH Jewelry collections! Get yours NOW!!
If you enjoyed this post, you will most likely enjoy these below: