Lay material, place pattern, pin in place, cut and sew! That’s what we’ve been taught all our lives. What would you say if I told you there is a more efficient, accurate and honestly – fun way of cutting materials. I’d like to introduce you to the DIYStyle Pattern and Cutting System. Scroll to the bottom for a special limited time offer!!
**Keep SCROLLING for a discount code**
Watch the video:
Pssttt…you have to watch until the end – Heidi does a magic trick
Who invented the DIYStyle Pattern and Cutting System?
Cindy Cummins and Allyce Kind started DIYStyle in 2007 as a content focused company, delivering sewing info, patterns and such to a 20-something audience.
They then began Allyce King Swim, a company creating swimsuits with many Miss USA pageant competitors as clients.
Together Allyce and Cindy have written numerous articles for consumer and trade magazines, 4 books, designed sewing patterns (including 12 under the DIYStlye brand for McCall’s Patterns).
In 2018 DIYStyle was awarded the US Patent for their invention. WAY To GO ladies!!!
What is the DIYStyle Pattern and Cutting System?
Finally a solution–solving the #1 issue that all sewers, quilters, and crafters have in common–cutting fabric and materials in prep for creating. Bye, bye pins, tape measures, and pattern weights! You will LOVE to cut fabric and create patterns with our new Patented magnetic system!
When you get this in the mail be sure to keep the box. It was designed to store your DIYStyle system inside it. Box measures 27″x38″.
Inside the box are three things: A cutting mat/cork board, set of magnets and the ruler
The Cutting mat is self healing and measures 24″x36″ with markings of 1/8″, 1/4″, 1/2″ – 23″x35″. The cork side is for pattern making and is about 1/4′ think. The entire mat measures 3/8″ thick
The Magnets are called FabricMagnets and come in a set of 12 and measure 3/8″ tall by 1/2″ in diameter.
The Ruler is 36″ long by 2″ wide. I like the long 1/4″ markings and the black end which grips to the mat.
**KEEP SCROLLING FOR A DISCOUNT CODE**
How does it work?
Simple! That is how it works. It’s one of those inventions you will see and at first not understand and then all of a sudden you’ll say to yourself, “WHY didn’t I think of that?”.
- Lay fabric out on the self healing cutting side, use grid for guide to get straight along selvage.
- Place a couple FabricMagnets in place to hold.
- Use the 36″ Pro T-Square to help line up pattern pieces.
- Slide the ruler up and down as needed.
- After pattern pieces are placed, add more FabricMagnets as desired and cut with favorite rotary cutter.
For Pattern Making:
- Flip mat to the Cork Side.
- Place pattern paper on mat, using FabricMagnets to hold in place on corners.
- Use a pin needle tracer to transfer design lines from a ready made garments or to duplicate pattern pieces quickly.
- The pin tracer leaves small holes on pattern paper and the cork is still pinnable with a push pin as necessary and the FabricMagnets work nicely on the cork as a “third hand”!
Get the tracing wheel HERE
- Hoop stabilizer
- Place hoop right side up on the cutting mat and use the lines to mark center of hoop. Use stickers from Perfect Placement by DIME
- Place the item (towel) on top of the stabilizer and put FabricMagnets on the corners to hold in place.
- Slide the hoop up and down until you find the desired area.
- Place the FabricMagnets inside the hoop to keep stabilizer/materials in place.
- Spray one side of the stabilizer with spray adhesive. Move the FabricMagnets and repeat on the other side.
Where do I get?
**Discount and FREE special**
Step1. Place both the 3-piece DIYStyle Pattern and Cutting System set AND a set of FabricMagnets in their cart.
Step 2. Add this discount code to receive the special of $30 Plus a 12 pack of magnets free
Deal expires 9-2-19
Who is going to want the DIYStyle Pattern and Cutting System?
Everyone who cuts! Fabric, leather, vinyl…new sewist, seasoned sewist. Cosplayers, garment makers, bag makers, embroiderers, quilters and more. Check out below the outfit miss Heidi, my 10 year old, using our DIYStyle Pattern and Cutting System.
This post contains affiliate links. In plain English, this means I may receive a small commission (at no cost to you) if you subscribe or purchase something through the links provided. You will never see me post a link to a product or service I haven’t used myself and love! (learn more here)
IF YOU ENJOYED THIS PLEASE FOLLOW ME ON MY OTHER SOCIAL MEDIA PLATFORMS:
Be sure you are following me on all my social media platforms, Instagram, Pinterest, Facebook, YouTube –> OH, join my Fan Club on Facebook too! Click the links below and subscribe/follow/join.