Does this notion really work?
There are a few sewing notions which I could not live without and one of them is the Goddess sheet. There are so many reasons I love this nifty little press sheet. Below I am going to list a few of those reason, give some tips and encourage you to watch the video which shows in my own words (and hand gestures) what my honest opinion is. This video is awesome and lucky for you, this is a two part lesson. Part one, is a product review and demo on how to use the Goddess Sheet. Part two, is showing a serger project, step by step and using the Goddess Sheet.
Some Tips for you:
Just a few tips on using this Goddess Sheet.
- Keep it in its original packaging! This way it stays flat. Already threw away your packaging? It’s ok, just wrap it around a small dowel, pvc pipe or left over paper towel roll.
- The Goddess Sheet is a Teflon coated Fiberglass sheet. Do your best not to wrinkle it.
Top reasons I love my Goddess Sheet and YOU will too:
- The color! It’s a tan shade which allows the left over fusible web to show up.This also makes removing left over fusible web.
- She got her name from the Goddess of Antiquity for her curves. There are three sharpe corners and one rounded curve. Choose where you want to place the curve (I chose the upper front corner – watch the video and found out why) and this helps keep track of where the fusible should always go.
- There are different sizes of the Goddess Sheet but my favorite is the small one with a fold but there is nice variety for you to choose from (just a couple below). I do a lot of pressing two sided projects. Many times I will press a fusible batting, foam or even these Bosal Coasters which have the fusible on both front and back. Because the Goddess Sheet has a fold, this creates a a door to open and place my items inside and then close. Now the teflon coated sheet is not he front and back of the project.
Watch the VIDEO below
Here are my favorite tools used in this project
Subscribe to my YouTube channel and never miss another video. This video is apart of a series called:
Sue…Does this notion Really work?
The first half of this video we cover all about the benefits of the Goddess Sheet. The second half of the video is an actual step by step on how to add a cotton band across the front of a towel. I do this with a new technique I call, Serger Applique.
What’s wonderful about YouTube is you can pause, fast forward, rewind, and come back later when you have your materials ready. Get your towel from All About Blanks and check out all the adorable holiday themed items she has right now too.
Sure hope you enjoy making one of your very own. Please be sure to give the video a thumbs up and subscribe to my YouTube channel.
Have a Creative day