~In the Hoop Dress form Pin Cushion~
There are a few things I just love. My daughter Heidi (of course), Sewing and Paris. The romantic and fashion forward energy which Paris has always seems to exude catch my eye. This In the Hoop Dress form Pin Cushion has a Paris theme. I designed it to look like an old shabby chic authentic dress form form olden days.
When did I create the In the Hoop Dress form Pin Cushion?
Originally this was created for the 2016 world tour for our In the Hoop Club. The club was fun and lasted about 2-12 years between stores and on-line customers. The downside of the club was a lot of work went into it and only a handful of friends could stitch the designs. Now I can create things as I want and not set to deadlines and everyone has the opportunity to purchase them!
How do you make it?
The In the Hoop Dress form Pin Cushion, is actually one of the easier projects. The design and detail is really in the placement of the materials. In the instructions I also am going to assume you are making it exactly as I did, using the burlap. This material is loosely woven and wouldn’t normally hold a stitch, so I teach you the secret to embroidering on burlap!
* This post contains affiliate links. In plain English, this means I may receive a small commission (at no cost to you) if you subscribe or purchase something through the links provided. You will never see me post a link to a product or service I haven’t used myself and love! (learn more)
Watch the video
When first making this for the In the Hoop Club World Tour I created a step by step video. Check it out.
What materials do I need?
In order to make The In the Hoop Dress form Pin Cushion you will need to get a few thing, but before you head to the store, see if you have them in your stash.
- Eiffel tower cotton fabric (any cotton will due, this is the lining)
- Fusible interfacing
- Tear away
- 3/8″ wide by 12″ dowel
- Wooden spool
- 1/2″ wide Twill tape (or ribbon)
- 18mm Pearl
What supplies do I need?
- Embroidery thread
- Pre-wound bobbin
- Empty bobbin
- Embroidery needle 90/14
- Iron and pressing board (I use the Oliso)
- Best press (to learn more about BEST Press watch my video)
- Teflon pressing sheet (I use the Goddess Sheet)
- Clear tape
- Tape measure or ruler
- Point turner
- 5″ sharp scissors
- Hand sewing needle
- Clover needle dome
I’m ready – What is next?
If you are ready to get stitching then get the design right here! Don’t forget to share your pictures on social media!