~Wonder Clips – Notion Review~
How to use Wonder Clips, Does this notion really work?
Do you sew, quilt, craft or need a paperclip? Say what?…Yep, that’s right, I have a solution to help you in all these activities. Let me introduce you to Wonder Clips! These handy dandy little notions are the perfect solution for most everything! I even made a video to show you all sorts of things about Wonder Clips.
Where do Wonder clips come from?
They are manufactured by a company called Clover in 2011. Over the years they have come out with new sizes, colors and we come up with new uses.
When did I discover them?
I first discovered them while teaching a serger class in 2012. I asked my helper for some binder clips so we could hold the fabric edges together. She came back with these and asked if they would work. I’ve been in love ever since.
* This post contains affiliate links. In plain English, this means I may receive a small commission (at no cost to you) if you subscribe or purchase something through the links provided. You will never see me post a link to a product or service I haven’t used myself and love! (learn more)
How are they sold?
You can find Wonder Clips in lots of sewing and quilting shops, so ask your local store. I have also included several links below where you can find them here on line.
Knock off Wonder Clips:
Though I have not ordered these and can’t speak for them,I did find these and thought it worth mentioning.
Watch the Video!
Don’t forget to Subscribe to my YouTube Channel
Wonder Clip Fun Facts
- They come in Mini-Regular-Jumbo
- All three sizes have flat backs (this makes is easy to push clips up to the presser foot).
- On the flat side they have markings, 1/4″, 3/8″, etc. (this helps when folding binding over to keep the binding all the same measurement).
- Spring loaded (they are super strong).
- They come in lots of different colors (I have even seen ladies in class trade different colors).
- Because of their bright happy colors they are easy to find on the ground and WON’T prick you like a pin will.
What do you use them for?
- They are a great alternative for pins with thick fabrics, heavy layers and UN-pinable fabrics like vinyl.
- Great for curved edges like when inserting a sleeve in the armhole.
- Great for embroidery projects when you don’t want to hoop the fabric, you can clip the fabric to the stabilizer or the hoop itself. NOTE: Don’t the clips touch the presser foot.
- The Mini is perfect for paper piecing, small patchwork, doll clothing and holding the edges down for hand stitching hexi’s.
- Wonder clips are friends with sergers, just take out the clips before the blade gets them.
Where else can I use Wonder Clips?
- Holding hair back out of your face.
- In place of paper clips.
- Holding curtains together.
- In place of a chip clip.
- Holding recipes in the kitchen.
- Tell me more ideas in the comments….
enjoyed learning more about Wonder Clips be sure to
Don’t forget to Subscribe NOW so you don’t miss another great tutorial!
you might enjoy these too!
Follow me on Instagram for some fun behind the seems…