~In the Hoop Cell Phone Charger Station~
Pretty sure nearly every adult, and most kids, have cell phones these days. This In the Hoop Cell phone Charger Station will be a perfect accessory to any home or office. Just plug your charger into the wall, slip the handle over the power cord, plug phone into end of charger and slip phone into the station while it is charging. There is even a pocket in the back to hold the remaining cord.
What is an In the Hoop Project?
In the Hoop means the project is created using the embroidery machine and the hoop of the embroidery machine. All or most of the work is completed Inside the hoop, or In the Hoop. You will often times see ITH as an acronym of In the Hoop. Below are some other ITH projects I have created.
I have hundreds so check out the In the Hoop page for more details. Some of the most popular are the In the Hoop zipper bags.
A little back story on the In the Hoop Cell Phone Charger Station. I first released the project in 2015 as part of a store owner embroidery club called, In The Hoop Club. It ran for 1-1/2 years and was fun for stores all over the world to teach the projects to their students. In January 2016 I opened the club to the online customers. I enjoyed very much having the club but chose to close it at the end of December 2016 so I could focus more on designer for EVERYONE and not an exclusive amount. It was a great choice, and now I can focus on projects as I am inspired and not to meet a deadline.
What do I learn making the Cell Phone Charger Station
When you down the project you will get the option to stitch using your 5×7 hoop or 6×9 (or larger). The two sizes are both included and both come with every letter in the alphabet already included in the design.
Learn these techniques:
- Double hooping secrets
- Experience properly stitching on marine vinyl
- Add faux piping for trendy detail
- Create clever curves with ease
- Customize with font
- Ready to stitch in these formats: ART, DST, EXP, HUS, JEF, PES, SHV, VIP, VP3, AND XXX.
Large size- 5-1/4″” wide x 9″” tall,
Small size – 4-1/4″” wide x 7″” tall
Watch the video
When watching the video you will notice the “In the Hoop Club” logo and my old brand, “Sealed With A Stitch”. Aside from that the being out of date the information in the video is still current.
What supplies do I need?
- Schemetz 75/11 embroidery needles
- 5-5-12″ craft scissors
- Rotary cutter, ruler, mat
- Best press (to learn more about BEST Press watch my video)
- Iron and pressing board (I use the Oliso)
- Teflon pressing sheet (I use the Goddess Sheet)
- Bobbin thread
- Embroidery thread
- Glue stick or pen
- Point turner
- Medium weight tear away stabilizer
- Marine vinyl or glitter vinyl
- Three different cotton materials (as show as Black, Chevron and dots)
- Thin fusible batting (I used Dream Fusion by quilters Dream – ask your local quilt shop)
- Fusible hem tape
Basic steps on the Cell Phone Charger Station
There are three hoopings in this project, meaning, you will hoop and un-hoop either stabilizer or fabric three times in order to complete this project.
First hooping in the handle.
Are you ready?
Want to learn more about machine embroidery?
- Proper stabilizers, needle and threads
- How to hoop 4 different types of projects/materials
- Finish each of the four parts with a project
- Over come the fear of your embroidery machine