~Easy Chenille In the Hoop~
Can you smell it? It’s pumpkin spice! Everywhere, in my coffee, in my cheesecake and in my sewing room. This is the 3d Chenille Pumpkin and it even has an in the Hoop bow! Grab your pumpkin latte and meet me in the sewing room.
When did I create the In the Hoop 3D Chenille Pumpkin?
I saw a 3D pumpkin at the dollar store several years back and always said in my head, this could be done in the hoop. Originally this was created for the 2015 In the Hoop Club. The club was fun and lasted about 2-1/2 years between stores and on-line customers. The downside of the club was a lot of work went into it and only a handful of friends could stitch the designs. Now I can create things as I want and not set to deadlines and everyone has the opportunity to purchase them!
I also created a 3D Chenille Christmas Tree you can get here. It is made under the same concept.
* This post contains affiliate links. In plain English, this means I may receive a small commission (at no cost to you) if you subscribe or purchase something through the links provided. You will never see me post a link to a product or service I haven’t used myself and love! (learn more)
How do you make it?
Easy…well, once you know what you’re doing it’s easy. I highly recommend once you buy the set you print out the instructions. Follow them step by step and check them off once you have completed the steps. This is one of those projects where the first time you make it, it could take an hour. The second time you make it, it will take 20 minutes.
There are several layers of fabric. In order to achieve extra texture, use some unique materials. I found some really cool cotton lame during the holidays at my local fabric shop. Add some dots, strips, just have some fun with the different textures.
Oh and you get to make a Bow in the hoop too!
Watch the video below
Be sure to subscribe to my YouTube Channel for NEW videos I post each Wednesday!
Here are the supplies you will need!
- Hoop 5″x7″ or larger
- 2 empty bobbins
- Embroidery 75/11 needles
- Embroidery thread: Black and Orange
- Iron and pressing board (I use the Oliso)
- Best press (to learn more about BEST Press watch my video)
- Teflon pressing sheet (I use the Goddess Sheet)
- Point turner
- Slash cutter by Clover (rotary cutter for Chenille)
- 5″ craft scissors
- 8″ fabric sheers
- Hand sewing needle
- Clover needle dome
- Clear tape
Here are the materials needed
- Cotton materials (use lots of different tone on tone prints – dots, strips, etc.)
- Craft fuse
- Clear wash away stabilizer
- Bow: I used a black and white chevron
- Dotted stabilizer or light weight tear away
If you liked this post and would like to see more similar be sure to subscribe to my YouTube channel and to my newsletter!
Here are some other post you might be interested in