Does this Notion REALLY work? When you are aiming for precise cuts, you use a quilting ruler. In fact there are three things you must have. You need a rotary cutter, rotary mat and a quilting ruler. Today we will discuss the Olfa Forsted Advantage rulers and see all the benefits to using them.
Olfa Frosted Advantage Rulers
OLFA first launced rulers in 2002 with 3 sizes: 12″ square, 6″ x 12″ and 6″ x 24″. Since then they have launched many additional sizes.
Watch the video
**Special Thanks to Jory Smith Snyder for allowing me to post her finished Sue O’Very Designs projects on this video. She is a member of the Sue O’Very Designs Fan Club Facebook Page!
Who invented and when?
OLFA is a leader is the home sewing cutting solutions industry. They continue to push the envelope with various products and now have an entire live of rulers. Here are the current sizes available:
- 4 1/2″ Square Frosted Acrylic Ruler
- 6 1/2″ Square Frosted Acrylic Ruler
- 9 1/2″ Square Frosted Acrylic Ruler
- 12 1/2″ Square Frosted Acrylic Ruler
- 16 1/2″ Square Frosted Acrylic Ruler
- 1″ x 12″ Frosted Acrylic Ruler
- 6″ x 12″ Frosted Acrylic Ruler
- 6″ x 24″ Frosted Acrylic Ruler
What does it look like?
Each ruler has a frosting on the backside of the ruler with black numbering and various quilting markings.
Where can I get one?
Ask your local shop if they sell this line of rulers.
If you are searching on line here is a link to the Amazon page search for the various sizes they sell: http://amzn.to/2HgMGRO
This post contains affiliate links. In plain English, this means I may receive a small commission (at no cost to you) if you subscribe or purchase something through the links provided. You will never see me post a link to a product or service I haven’t used myself and love! (learn more)
- Frosted acrylic – easy to read black numbers and grid lines on dark and light fabrics
- The frosting creates surface tension – you can slide the ruler on the fabric easily while lining it up, but it stays put once pressure is applied
- Reduces glare commonly associated with acrylic rulers
- Manufactured directly on the acrylic, so it won’t wear or peel off
IF YOU ENJOYED THIS PLEASE FOLLOW ME ON MY OTHER SOCIAL MEDIA PLATFORMS
Be sure you are following me on all my social media platforms, Instagram, Pinterest, Facebook, YouTube –> OH, join my Fan Club on Facebook too! Click the links below and subscribe/follow/join.
You might also enjoy these other blog post